Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 3: BIG PLANS for the Year's Midpoint Rally

BIG PLANS for this Year’s Midpoint!

Our Midpoint Rally is only days away, and I’d like to share the BIG PLANS that we have for this year!

Not only will we have the opportunity to meet each other, encourage each other, share our stories with one another, and welcome newcomers to 40 Days for Life, but we will have the opportunity to PRAY TOGETHER at the vigil site!
Let's show up in big numbers to show our faithfulness to God's calling!


Stories to Share

Thank you for sharing your story! Michael shares how God uses his prayer to pray for the unborn.

 
“I simply wanted to say how well I feel praying non-stop for two or one hour slots
non-stop. Often there are blank bits of course and I am happy to just be there as I
pray about what is happening inside the building.

I usually don't block out any subject for prayer. I might pray for an adult for
freedom in their life; but often the Lord leads me to relate that same prayer to unborn
children –that somehow they experience from God some freedom.”

 
A note from Judy

Perhaps you’re like me – you’re praying and fasting for an end to abortion, but you’re doing this mostly from home because your time is devoted to raising your very own precious little ones. I often feel that during this season of my life (being a young mother with very young children), a great deal of my pro-life work involves loving, teaching and nurturing the precious gifts of life that God has entrusted to my care.

At the beginning of each and every 40 Days for Life campaign, I seem to struggle to find a suitable time to just ‘get out there and pray!’ From a safety point of view, the busy intersection in front of the abortion clinic is not an ideal place to be with toddlers who won’t sit still in a pram. So for me, I have to find a time when my family members can care for my little ones.

Well the opportunity arose, and I managed to – for the first time during this campaign – get out there and pray (on Day 10 of the 40 Days). I am glad that I did – for it is when I am at the place where precious lives of infants are taken from the comfort of their mothers’ wombs that my prayers are more fervent. My prayers feel really needed, and my faith is deepened.

While I was on the footpath and praying, I knew I was answering God’s call to be there, and I didn’t want to leave. Only when I am at praying at the vigil site, do I gain a better understanding of the urgency of our visible, prayerful presence. Prayer outside of the abortion clinic in Brisbane is needed! Prayer outside the abortion clinic is necessary for God to transform hearts and minds!!!!

Thank you to all of you who are participating in this 40 Days for Life, and thank you to those who are getting to the vigil site to pray. I am praying that all of us can respond more deeply to this urgent call. May we become the hands and feet of Christ, in a place that so desperately needs His healing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment